Policy for Dogs with Contagious illnesses (kennel cough, worms, viruses)
This includes all classes, private lessons and events.
1. If an instructor has a dog with suspected/diagnosed contagious illness the Instructor shall find a substitute instructor for class(es) or cancel class until the dog is no longer contagious per veterinarian. If that dog has been in the clubhouse during the incubation period, the club shall be disinfected immediately using a vet hospital grade disinfectant.
2. Students who report a contagious illness in their dog or a dog who presents symptoms in class observed by the instructor must be removed from class immediately and may not return to class until cleared by a vet to be non-contagious. If the illness cannot be carried by the handler they can attend without their dog. If it can be carried by handler the handler may not attend class even without the dog. If that dog has been in the clubhouse during the incubation period, the club shall be disinfected immediately using a vet hospital grade disinfectant.
3. If a pandemic (5 dogs or more) are diagnosed with the same contagious illness and have attended classes, all classes will be suspended until the mats, building and equipment is thoroughly disinfected using a vet hospital grade disinfectant.
4. If 2 dogs in a class have the same contagious illness reported on consecutive weeks all of that instructors classes on that day will be suspended for one or two weeks to break the infection cycle. The building and equipment are to be thoroughly disinfected using a vet hospital grade disinfectant.
5. A refund of 50% for the classes missed due to a contagious illness, verified by a veterinarian, may be issued to the student upon request.
6. No personal blankets or dog bedding shall be kept at the Club - they must be removed after each class.
7. Club crates must be cleaned by the handler using the crate after each use.